Policymakers play a key role in the making and implementing of decisions to improve the mental and physical well-being of youth in Pennsylvania. The resources below will assist and/or guide policymakers in making informed decisions around the risk/protective factors of youth in the community and deciding which programs could benefit the population, accessing and understanding the PA Youth Survey results for their community and planning how to address areas of concern, the requisition of pertinent data from providers to assist in those decisions, in addition to understanding the funding resources from the PA Commission on Crime and Delinquency.
- Know what kinds of data to ask providers for?
- What role can PCCD funding resources play in county strategic planning?
- How can the Pennsylvania Youth Survey (PAYS) and and other planning resources to help the people I represent?
- How do I l know if a service provider is getting good outcomes?
- What programs and initiatives are currently supported by EPIS?
- What role can county and state policy makers play in sustaining prevention and improving services?
- What is evidence based policy making?